What You’ve Got to Keep in Mind while Shopping for Indestructible Pet toys
One of the glamorous things about being a proud pet owner is seeing the dog wag its tail as it pensively glances at you. It does give such a look at you usually when it’s either waiting for its regular ration or maybe as a way of asking where its favorite toy is. Food is pretty much a necessity, unlike the essence of a toy since it’s through it that you establish and foster a happy and robust relationship with the dog.
A pet toy is an absolute must-have – does your pet have its own?
No matter how calm and amiable your little pooch is, you may soon start losing sleep thinking about which type of dog toy for him. Through the eyes of a dog, toys aren’t mere playthings meant to be chased around and kill boredom. Toys are necessities only assumed to have been granted a befitting use after getting torn apart, perhaps in a show of might and delight.
As Michelle Mullins of PetSafe notes, you will only mold a good behavior when you give the dog the right toy. Enrichment toys are perfect for your champion chewer, bored or tug happy pet. Thankfully, there’s quite a massive list of these ultra-tough dog toys for aggressive chewers, and you can get them without breaking a sweat!
That, therefore, marks the first and indeed the most critical aspect of a great pet toy – you’ll have to settle for the most durable dog toys for heavy chewers. Several choices do exist, those who are palatable, as well as a few of them, made using rubber and latex. But you’ve got to keep in mind that GOOD CHEW TOYS are:
• Made of a hard material.
• Shaped in a conceptually sound manner.
• Made of materials that are safe even when swallowed.
Matching the hound with the right chew type
There are those “Gentle” chewers whose favorites include soft fabric or plush toy and often go through lots of problems before finally shredding the item to pieces. “Average chewers” will spend days studying the toy before eventually dismantling it to pieces. However, the notorious ones are what many prefer to call “Powerful” and indeed robust in how they deal with toys, including the seemingly indestructible ones!
Pit bulls and Labs rank among the most fearsome breeds owing to their sharp teeth and savvy skills. They do wreck toys in no time and may even swallow the shreds. If you have a pet dog, there’s no doubt you will prefer to buy the toughest dog toys for aggressive chewers, whether yours is gentle, average or powerful. Yes, you will definitely consider purchasing a pet toy that can last.
But there’s a problem!
If you’re concerned that the dog will swallow the tiny rubber pieces, you will have to settle for the edible pet toys. However, the problem isn’t with where to find the yummy varieties of pet toys, but telling which ones are meant for dogs like yours.
Not all of these toys are made for all dogs. Also, something nearly indestructible can be hard to find, and your only hope will be at the mercy of traditionally known makers. Remember, while you review your choices and settle for the premium (or budget) ones, be sure to buy a toy according to its intended use.
From the list of recommended toys, we’ve got the following:
1. Active toys – those from Nylabone and Kong can be referred to as Active toys since they’re fun to own and chew. If your pet loves a game of tug-of-war or running up and down the yard, textures, ropes, and woven toys, according to the Humanesociety, will serve its needs. Tennis balls are equally transcendent, but can’t be classified as one of the toughest toys for aggressive dogs.
2. Distraction toys – to keep the pup busy, especially when it’s a vegan, a distraction toy will most definitely serve this purpose. Under this list are “feeder” or “busy-box” toys; those who are hollow to be filled with goodies. The pooch will eat the food and relax, albeit for a short while.
3. Comfort toys – when your pet is a “Gentle” chewer, I’d recommend comfort toys instead of the tough, indestructible ones. The best thing about them is, they are readily available and don’t cost a lot.
Which dog toy is indestructible and how can you make it last?
No single pet toy is indestructible, and some just need a witty dog to get the job done. Durable ones are much safer while the “indestructible” last much longer than the ordinary. To enhance its longevity, have specific toys for particular purposes or instances and rotate the toys weekly.